The Interior Design Professionals
Partners in Design are at the forefront of interior design in Somerset, Dorset, Devon and beyond. We design and deliver inspiring, beautiful interiors by understanding our clients’ tastes and lifestyle needs. Our total commitment to each residential and commercial project is unparalleled. We offer a comprehensive range of services and products that surpass expectation and are delivered within agreed timeframes and budgets.
Our new studio and showroom in Sherborne is now open
Stockists of Farrow & Ball paint
From Concept to Completion
Our unique service combines highly skilled designers with the expertise of our in-house team of trades and craftspeople. We therefore can offer every element required to deliver your project from concept to final results ensuring a personal service , attention to detail and the highest quality throughout.
Residential, Commercial And Holiday Homes
From our sewing room and cabinetry workshop to our design and project management team, we are ready to to create the home you have always dreamed of.
- “Barbara has an amazing eye for colour and encouraged us to use colours and fabrics that we would never have thought of; the end result was fantastic. Our house has been transformed from a dark, dingy unwelcoming space in to a light filled and beautiful home. The trades and craftsmen used by Barbara have been highly professional and reliable
- “As an overseas client looking to renovate our period property in Bath from a distance, PiD were invaluable in helping us achieve the home we have always dreamt of. Barbara acted as our eyes and ears on the ground, bringing a ready made team of skilled and reliable tradespeople to the table saving us the headache of trying to source them ourselves. The work carried out included replacing the roof, installing new wiring, upgrading the plumbing, designing and fitting a new master bathroom and kitchen, and converting the cellars into liveable space, along with complete redecoration – everything from paint colours to carpets and curtains. PiD also carried out a refurbishment of our two bedroom cottage, adjacent to the house – which again included a new bathroom and kitchen and complete redecoration. We are absolutely delighted with the end results, which is due in no small part to Barbara’s ability to meet and indeed exceed the expectations of a sometimes highly demanding client!
- “It’s a few weeks on, possibly a month even, our new rooms are settling down, and we are really enjoying them and the difference they make to the way the house works. As you know, we had been looking for somewhere else to live. We are very glad that with your help we decided to make improvements instead. The design you came up with for the bathroom and the new kitchen and study have transformed the house. We are altogether pleased with the way you suggested we use the space in each of the rooms, with the materials you recommended and with the colour schemes you gave us. When we look around now, we see the benefit of your design skills: the superb finish in the bathroom, for example and the lovely cabinets and bookshelves. Thank you for all this and as well, for your management of the work in progress. Steve’s men and Lee’s were with us for quite a time and we appreciated their courtesy and reliability along with their skill and desire to get things right.
- “I gained two fundamental benefits from employing Partners in Design. One is the design itself. Partners in Design were able to take a few basic and rather uncertain ideas of mine and show how they could be realised to best effect. With the result that I had both what I wanted and something much better than I could have anticipated. The second is the project management. Important factors in my delaying refurbishment previously were not knowing where to start, the order in which tasks should be accomplished or whom to employ to undertake the work. Partners in Design provided the answers, identifying the project’s principal parts, establishing timelines, recommending reliable and skilled tradespeople and ensuring that a complicated interplay of tasks and persons went smoothly and on schedule
- “Some of the best aspects of our experience in having our apartment completely refurbished by Barbara and her team were: We were offered a complete holistic review , that gave us choices but not so many as to baffle. As this was not our main residence, we had total confidence and comfort leaving our keys knowing that the work was carried out in our absence, in a professional coordinated manner. The colours, furnishings and lighting transformed an apartment into a home, which you could walk straight into, being one of the tidiest and cleanest in our experience. Our only misgiving is that we did not have the bathrooms done at the same time, however after establishing the excellent work carried out so far, we will be leaning on Barbara and Chris to help us out in the new year
- “We had thought about using an interior designer in the past and eventually we bit the bullet and selected Partners in Design. I would thoroughly recommend using their service, Barbara is great fun to work with, has great vision and she has exceeded all our expectations at a fraction of the cost if we had tried to do it ourselves; We can’t praise Partners in Design highly enough. Our apartment simply looks amazing. We had planned to make changes for years but never seemed to get around to making the required decisions. We needed guidance, and where others offered advice for bits and pieces, Barbara simply took responsibility for everything, organising all the trades as well as offering great practical advice on the design and colour schemes. It was this one stop shop approach that made this a fun experience and I would highly recommend her services to anyone thinking of updating their home
- “Engaging Partners in Design to help with our home renovation and redecoration proved to be an excellent decision. We felt instantly that you understood what we were looking for and would do a good job within a budget we could afford. We were proved right. Your approachable nature, passion for your job, quality of your tradespeople and advice on colour and interiors were second to none. We love our home now, thanks to you. And best of all you were fun to work with
- “Initially I wondered if a project designer was a little grand for my modest house; How wrong I was. Barbara and Jess transformed my dull and boring 1990s terrace into a bright airy modern home. Barbara kept me on track and steered me back when I wondered off to the “country cottage” look instead of modern seaside “villa”. She suggested colours and fabrics but not too much to confuse me and I eventually had a scheme that I would not have dreamed of using but is quite perfect. She managed her team of tradespeople with skill and kept me informed every step of the way. The whole project took about 10 weeks (on time) and unbelievably it was great fun, We laughed a lot and I shall miss them both.
- “Barbara worked tirelessly to ensure that the design of the extension built for our elderly parents was stylish and yet very practical. The whole project was completed on time under her project management. The work was all done to a very high standard and the final result is stunning. Mark and his team of builders were particularly thoughtful and accommodating to the needs of an older couple coping with the inevitable upheaval of building work. I would highly recommend Partners in Design.”
Some of our Recent Projects
What we do
Based at our studio and showrooms in Dorset, our experienced design team have delivered beautiful interiors for all sorts…
Our team produce elegant and practical interiors for hotels and restaurants, incorporating innovative yet timeless design…
Our cabinet makers create beutiful built in and free standing furniture and kitchens. We design and make sofas and chairs…
Exquisite curtains, blinds and bed treatments made by our workroom, from our extensive range of designer fabrics…
We work closely with clients to understand who they are and the end goals they want to achieve. We help clarify what are often vague thoughts from our clients and produce new ideas and suggestions which will make sure we are all on the same page before the design process begins.
We will provide a detailed proposal for your project clearly outlining the agreed remit and goals and produce a fee schedule for you for the design process. Working closely with you we will hone the designs until you are perfectly satisfied with the end results
We will then produce fresh, exciting designs to transform your home or business. Using detailed drawings, elevations and scheme boards we help you visualize our ideas from lighting and layout right through to furnishing, finishes and fabrics.
Partners in Design have built a great reputation as a one stop solution to the design and build process ensuring that, throughout the journey to create your ideal space, we are with you every step of the way as your single point of contact.